Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website you consent to the following terms and conditions of use. These terms and conditions apply to all contracts between you and us.
Terms and Conditions
Dorset Springs is a fishery, holiday accommodation and caravan/motorhome holiday site. Our guests’ enjoyment and safety is paramount and therefore we ask you to read the following Terms and Conditions before making your booking.
We reserve the right to ask guests who contravene these Terms and Conditions or, who in any other way are behaving in a manner likely to cause distress or nuisance to other visitors, to leave the site immediately with no refund. In these circumstances the holiday ceases and we shall not be liable for any extra costs incurred by you.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Guests will only be refunded should the UK Government implement a lockdown ruling or restrictions due to COVID 19 that would then result in the cancellation of your stay. If you are from a localised lockdown area, full proof of address will be required before refunds can be issued. For any other reason our standard cancellation policy applies.
We cater for families and couples and do not accept bookings from hen and stag parties or similar parties of three or more persons. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
This contract is with Dorset Springs. Please check your confirmation carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please inform us of any discrepancy or queries relating to terms and conditions within 24 hours of receipt.
The terms contained in this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
Payment in full will be required at the point of booking. Cancellation or adjustments to the booking are subject to the following conditions:
You may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us.
60+ days before your scheduled arrival date – complete refund.
30 – 59 days before your scheduled arrival date – 50% refund.
Less than 30 days before your scheduled arrival date – No refund.
Dorset Springs reserves the right to cancel your booking at anytime, and is not obliged to disclose the reasons for doing so. Any cancellations by Dorset Springs will honour 100% refunds.
No refunds can be given if guests depart prior to the end of the booked holiday.
Please ensure you have suitable insurance to cover cancellation or financial loss.
Amendments to your booking
A single amendment to your booking date will be accommodated free of charge, any further changes will incur a £20 administration fee per change. In the event that your preferred date cannot be accommodated we will offer alternative dates but are not obliged to meet the exact requested date changed due to our seasonal demands. If a suitable date cannot be agreed, your booking remains non-refundable.
If you fail to arrive on your due date and have not contacted us by 11am on the day after your arrival date we will cancel your booking and reserve the right to resell your pitch. No refunds or date changes will be offered in these circumstances.
Arrival and Departure
The earliest arrival time is 12:00pm. Please inform Dorset Springs if you plan to arrive later than 6pm. All pitches must be vacated by 11:00am on the day of departure. Enquiries about early arrival/late departure must be made directly to site. Additional charges may be incurred. Every endeavour will be made to allocate guests the pitch of their choice, however, it must be clearly understood that acceptance of a booking is not conditional on the allocation of a particular pitch.
Holiday Behaviour Standards and Termination
By making a booking with us you have entered a contract in which you undertake, on behalf of yourself and the people in your party (including children), to adopt the following standards of behaviour:
- To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us and other guests.
- To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or others.
You further agree that you will not:
- commit any criminal offence on the site or undertake any criminal activity
- commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance
- keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on Dorset Springs
- use any unlawful drugs
- create any undue noise or disturbance
The lighting of fires is strictly prohibited by Dorset Springs due to insurance purposes. This included fire baskets, open fires etc.
Health and Safety
We take the wellbeing and safety of our guests very seriously and we ask that you comply with the following:
- The speed limit is strictly 5 mph on site.
- Cars, caravans, motorhomes and awnings must be contained within the pitch reserved, any units not adhering to our strict fire safety spacing rule will be asked to re-position the unit.
- Dorset Springs is responsible for the electrical system up to the socket on the hook-up point at the pitch. It is the responsibility of the camper to ensure that the plug, cable and associated sockets used to connect between the hook-up point and the camper’s unit is safe. Dorset Springs will not accept any responsibility for any accident or loss arising from the use of unsuitable or unsafe electrical equipment connected to the site’s hook up point.
- All cars, caravans, motorhomes and awnings which are placed in the vicinity of trees are at the sole risk of the owner, and Dorset Springs cannot accept responsibility for damage caused by falling trees or parts there from.
- Dorset Springs will not be held responsible for damage to clients property by fire, theft or injury to persons whilst on site.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure gas appliances are safe and regularly maintained.
- Barbeques may be used provided they are raised above ground level.
- Children must be under the supervision of their parent/guardian within all areas of the site at all times. The lake area is strictly out of bounds to all non–accompanied children.
- No swimming is permitted in the lake.
- No fishing is authorised unless previously arranged with Dorset Springs.
- Abusive use of any play equipment will not be tolerated. Dorset Springs reserves the right to refuse access.
- No access to the children’s play area after dusk and before 8:30 am. The treehouse is private and due to health and safety cannot be used.
Dogs and other pets
If you bring your dog with you when you stay with us we ask that you:
- Keep the dog on a short lead at all times. We have free range animals and livestock onsite.
- Dogs are not permitted in the water at any time.
- Pick up all dog waste and dispose of it appropriately.
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time
We reserve the right to require that the owner removes their dog, or any other pet, from Dorset Springs if it is a nuisance or danger to other guests.
- Only breathable groundsheets are permitted on grassed areas. Applicable to caravan and motorhome awnings.
- STRICTLY NO AWNING HEATERS.
- The use of generators is not permitted.
- Cars, caravans, must not be washed on site.
- Radio’s. TV’s etc should be played at a volume that will not disturb others.
- Please keep waste to an absolute minimum. We can accommodate one small bag of waste per day. Dorset Springs reserves the right to reject excessive waste. All rubbish/recycling must be placed in the correct bins provided located next to the house by the garage. Black for refuse. Green for recycling. Glass is to be separated and placed in the green box.
- Black water and chemical waste must be disposed of at the point provided.
- The information supplied will be stored on the computer for administrative purposes. Under no circumstances will this information be provided to a third party.
- Quiet hours are from 10.30pm until 8am. Please respect your fellow guests and keep noise to an absolute minimum.
If you have a complaint about anything during your stay it should be brought to the attention of Dorset Springs at the earliest opportunity. Dorset Springs will do their best to action and resolve any issues as soon as possible. Please note that in order for us to investigate and implement corrective action where necessary, Dorset Springs cannot entertain complaints after guests have left.